2018 PRPA Annual Outing
“Clickin’ at the Creek”
Ghostown Blues Bed and Breakfast
June 22-24, 2018
The Gleneath Camera Club is hosting the 2018 PRPA Outing on June 22-24. It will be held at historic Maple Creek. The town features historic buildings and museums. There are also many attractions in the surrounding area including a walking trail along the creek, Grotto Gardens Country Market and Leo’s Goat Walk, Wildflower Acres Gallery and is a short distance from Cypress Hills where you can visit the West Block and/or the Interprovincial Park. You will also have an opportunity to see the beauty of native grasslands, wildflowers and native wildlife as well as a few domestic animals.
The venue will be Ghostown Blues Bed and Breakfast which is situated approximately 1 km from Maple Creek. You will experience the historic buildings, wagons and structures which have been collected and restored from the pioneer years on the Canadian Prairies. Meals will be catered except Friday night’s supper. The Gleneath Club has reserved the entire venue for the weekend and to book a room you must contact Michelle Vold (see below).
Come and join us during the summer solstice for a unique prairie experience. You won’t be disappointed.
A photographic presentation by Ryan Wunsch from Leader, Saskatchewan will be shown Friday evening around 8pm. Ryan is an internationally published, award winning photographer and storm chaser who captures the beauty and spirit of the prairies.
Ryan’s biography and images can be found at www.ryanwunch.com
- Friday: presentation by Ryan Wunsch
- Saturday: Breakfast, Bagged Lunch and Banquet
- Sunday: Breakfast
Full Registration: $130.00
Extras if not registered for full weekend:
- Saturday lunch tickets $15.00
- Saturday banquet tickets $ 32.50
- Breakfast tickets $ 15.00
- Extra tickets for Ryan Wunsch presentation (8 p.m., Friday) $ 20.00
- Senate Sheep Station – 1 double $105/night
- Vidora Sheep Wagon – 1 double $105/night
- Robsart Wagon – 1 double $125/night
- Govenlock Cabin – 1 queen $135/night
- Ewe Joint – 1 twin $ 75/night
- Hatton Cabin – 1 queen & 1 double $180/night
- Walsh Cabin – 1 queen & 1 double $165/night
- Cowgirl Deluxe – 1 double & 1 twin $150/night
- Twisted Sister – 1 double $125/night
- Cots can be added to the cabins for an additional cost of $25/night
Please reserve your room with Michelle Vold by calling 1-306-463-6374 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before May 15, 2018. You are responsible to find room mates.
All rooms are equipped with heat and air-conditioning. Bathroom facilities are outside, but clean and modern.
Other accommodation in Maple Creek
Cobblecreek Lodge – 1-306-662-5100 (includes continental breakfast) $130-$150/night plus tax
Willowbend Motel – 1-306-662-2555 $ 109-$119/night plus tax
If you choose to stay off-site you are responsible for your own bookings.