Sponsor: PRPA camera club hosting this year’s Annual Outing
Type: Prints and/or digital images as set by host club. Size, matting, and mounting are set by host club.
Deadline: Set by the host club. Entries are mailed directly to the host club. Usually around November 15th
Themes: Set by host club. 2016: Batoche, Wanuskewin, River, Open
Conditions: Open to all registered attendees, whether PRPA members or not. Images must be taken at this year’s Annual Outing
Entries: The number of entries in each category to be set by the host club. 2015: Limit of 2 entries (digital images and/or prints)
Judging: The host club is responsible for judging.
Awards: Given in all categories, at the discretion of the judges; presented at the following year’s Outing.
General Rules and Entry Instructions
- Review the specific rules above for the competition you are entering. Keep this information in mind when selecting pictures to enter in the digital image competitions.
- Entering any PRPA competition implies your consent for PRPA to publish the image in the Prairie Focus newsletter and on the website. The top 25% of all digital image entries will be copied for possible use in PRPA promotional slide shows.
- Digital Images
- Image size (pixels) shall be 1024 wide x 768 high. Photos narrower than 4:3 (i.e. verticals) shall be 768 high; images wider than 4:3 (i.e. panoramas) shall be 1024 wide. Save in jpg format.
- File Name Specifications:
Title, Your Name, Club Initials
- Fill out the entry from for Digital Entries
- Email the entry form and image file(s) to Jim Turner at email@example.com
- Your prints should be mounted on foam-core or matted. If matted, tape on a backing sheet to protect the print and allow it to be displayed on a stand. Do not use glass or frames.
- Mat or mount size must be “11 x 14”. Print size may be smaller.
- Write on, or securely attach to, the back of the print the Title, Maker’s name, and Club (or address).
- Ensure there is no copyright mark on your entry or it will be disqualified. Entering any PRPA competition implies your consent for PRPA to publish the image in the Prairie Focus newsletter and on the PRPA website.
- Fill out the entry form for Print Entries
- Mail your form and Prints to: Jim Turner, Box 1448, Rosetown, SK S0L 2V0
- Thank you for entering and good luck!