Sponsor: Charles and Olive Everest of the Foothills Camera Club in the 1950’s
Type: Digital image jpg
Deadline: Entries to be mailed to the judging club by November 15
Theme: Open, with special awards for certain categories
Conditions: Open to Member Clubs of PRPA only. See General Rules for Digital Image Competitions for size, format and filename requirements. Please add the category initial to the beginning of the file name. For example a landscape image could be L_Pretty_Sunset_Jane_Doe_RoPC.jpg.
Entries: Each club selects 20 images to represent their club. The Club Representative, or other designated person, shall collect the entries from your club and copy them to CD or flash drive; do not e-mail the entries! Organize the entries in folders by category (i.e. place all Landscape entries in a “Landscape” folder. Complete, print and enclose the 3 page Everest Competition entry form and send or mail with the CD.
- Clubs having up to 49 members can select up to 4 images from each member
- Clubs having 50 to 99 members can select up to 2 images from each member
- Clubs having 100 or more members can select 1 image from each member
- Each member can only enter with one club even if they belong to more than one.
Awards: Everest Trophy is presented to the club with the highest total score for their club entry. The Best of Show certificate and ribbon are awarded to the highest scoring image of all images entered. Certificates and ribbons are awarded to the makers for the highest scoring image in each category:
- Best Landscape
- Best Nature
- Best Portrait
- Best Candid Child
- Best Open
Each image must have the category indicated in the entry form to be eligible for that category award. Images not indicated as to category shall be considered entered in Open.
No Second place, Third place or Honorable Mention awards are given.
- Nature: Subject is restricted to all things that are wild, for example, birds, animals, insects, plants, rocks, fossils, stars or planets. No sign of man should be evident, for example a road, building, fence, cultivated plant, domestic animal or man himself.
- Candid: Not posed, informal.
- Portrait: Portraits are planned pictures of one or more individuals, intended to reveal their character, personality or mood. Animal portraits are allowed.
- Landscape: Any scenery which may include some sign of man or man himself.
- Open: Any subject.
General Rules: Please see General Rules for Digital Image Competitions [link]
Entry Form: use Everest Club Competition entry form [link]