Sponsor: Charles and Olive Everest of the Foothills Camera Club in the 1950’s
Type: Digital image
Deadline: Entries to be mailed to the judging club by November 15th
Theme: Open, with special awards for certain categories
Conditions: Open to Member Clubs of PRPA only. See Digital Image Competitions General Rules for size and format requirements. Club entries shall be mailed on one CD rather than emailed to the judging club.
Entries: Each club selects 20 images to represent their club. The Club Representative, or other designated person, shall collect the entries from your club and burn them to CD; do not e-mail the entries!
Complete and enclose the 3 page Everest Competition entry form and send or mail with the CD.
- Clubs having up to 49 members can select up to 4 images from each member
- Clubs having 50 to 99 members can select up to 2 images from each member
- Clubs having 100 or more members can select 1 image from each member
- Each member can only enter with one club even if they belong to more than one.
Awards: Everest Trophy is presented to the club with the highest total score for their club entry. The Best of Show certificate and ribbon are awarded to the highest scoring image of all images entered.
Certificates and ribbons are awarded to the makers for the highest scoring image in each category:
- Best Landscape
- Best Portrait
- Best Candid Child
- Best Nature
- Best Open
Each image must have the category indicated in the entry form to be eligible for that category award. Images not indicated as to category shall be considered entered in Open.
No Second place, Third place or Honorable Mention awards are given.
General Rules and Entry Instructions
- Review the specific rules above for the competition you are entering. Keep this information in mind when selecting pictures to enter in the digital image competitions.
- Image size (pixels) shall be a maximum of 1920 wide x 1200 high. Photos narrower than 4:3 (i.e. verticals) shall be 1200 high; images wider than 4:3 (i.e. panoramas) shall be 1920 wide.
- Maximum file size is 10mb for emailing; no size limit for cd or flash drive.
- Save in jpg format.
- Entering any PRPA competition implies your consent for PRPA to publish the image in the Prairie Focus newsletter and on the website. The top 25% of all digital image entries will be copied for possible use in PRPA promotional slide shows.
- File Name Specifications:
Category Code, Image title, Your Name, and initials of your camera club.jpg
e.g. LA_Pretty Sunsets_Jane Doe_RPC.jpg
- Fill out and Email entry form and image file(s) to the your club PRPA Rep
- Club PRPA reps are to burn a disc of their entries and sent it to the judging chairperson as indicated in the Prairie Focus.
- Thank you for entering and good luck!
* For the Fall and Spring Digital Image and Russell competitions, email your entries by the entry deadline to the judging club contact provided in the Prairie Focus or on the PRPA website.Entry Form