Sponsor: Ms. Gerry Fish of the Calgary Camera Club
Type: Print – Color or Monochrome; matted or mounted to 11”x 14”
Deadline: Entries to be mailed or delivered so as to be received by the judging club by April 1
Theme: Open, with special awards for certain categories
Conditions: Open to Member Clubs of PRPA only. All prints and the completed Gerry Fish Club Competition Entry Form should be sent in one package.
Entries: Each club selects 10 prints to represent their club.
- Clubs with up to 49 members may enter 2 prints each
- Clubs with 50 or more members may enter 1 print each
- Each member can only enter with one Club, even if they belong to more than one
Awards: Gerry Fish Trophy is presented to the club with the highest total score for their club entry. The Best of Show certificate and ribbon are awarded to the highest scoring print of all prints entered. Certificates and ribbons are awarded to makers for the highest scoring print in each category:
- Best Landscape
- Best Nature
- Best Portrait
- Best Candid Child
- Best Open
Each print must have the category indicated on the entry form to be eligible for that category award. Prints not indicated as to category are considered to be entered in Open.
No Second place, Third place or Honorable Mention awards are given.
- Nature: Subject is restricted to all things that are wild, for example, birds, animals, insects, plants, rocks, fossils, stars or planets. No sign of man should be evident, for example a road, building, fence, cultivated plant, domestic animal or man himself.
- Candid: Not posed, informal.
- Portrait: Portraits are planned pictures of one or more individuals, intended to reveal their character, personality or mood. Animal portraits are allowed.
- Landscape: Any scenery which may include some sign of man or man himself.
- Open: Any subject.
General Rules: Please see General Rules for Print Competitions [link]
Entry Form: use Gerry Fish Club Competition entry form [link]